Thursday, June 7, 2007

Dear Lizzie,



From the time you have been working in the office, I know how bright you are and what a very quick mind you possess. Combine those attributes with your relentless work ethic and commitment to excellence, and it is obvious that you have a wide-open future ahead of you. I can only hope that your experience working with us contributed in some small way to your success.

It has been such a joy to know you these past few years. I loved hearing about your interests and activities: singing in the choir, ski racing, the formal dances, your friends, shoes and handbags, the trip to France, and applying for colleges. Your smiling face and enthusiasm for life have been a breath of fresh air!

Finally, graduation day has come. Soon you will be at Chapman, where I know you will succeed just as you did at OES. You have all the attributes to reach any goal you set for yourself. As you embark on this new chapter of your life, I encourage you to do so with passion. Passion will take you "above and beyond" any goal you set for yourself, whether in your career or your relationships. Passion will provide rewards beyond even your own expectations.

There are some things you’ll need to have as you travel on life’s journey: a little black dress, a white dress shirt, a fabulous photo of yourself, a hammer, a business card, a great pickup line . . . and a way to blow them off, a pretty pair of heels, a cordless screwdriver, a credit card in your own name, to know that you can survive and stand on your own two feet, and to know that you want to take someone with you on the journey.

I am so proud of you and am grateful for our friendship. I can’t wait to see where you go and what you do next. I want to be able to say, "I knew her when . . . . . . . . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.