Sunday, April 6, 2008

My brain is spinning . . . .

I still have spinning on the brain. I spun up the rest of the bats from Barbara today.



I'm going to let them rest until next weekend. I find that letting the singles rest for several days before plying makes for more balanced yarn.

But, gosh, aren't those singles luscious looking?



I plan on knitting this up into a large scarf/small stole. I think it'll be beautiful with my grey suit.

The only thing that been on my mind more than spinning are all the fibery events this year.
I got word that I'm going to be spinning at the Oregon State Fair this year in the Artisan's Village. I am really looking forward to it!

I'm not sure I'll make it to Black Sheep this year, but I do hope to make it to the Aurora Colony Fiber Fair in a couple weeks.

Then, of course, there's Stephanie's visit to our fair city on the 22nd to launch her new book. I'm glad Blue Moon Fibers is sponsoring her this year at the World Forestry Center. Much better venue than last year when she was here; Powells was overrun with knitters. I must remember to thank her for giving birth to the PDX Knit Bloggers; I wonder if she even knows????

And I've put in for time off before and after the TKGA Show and OFFF this year. I plan on attending all day, every day at both of them. In fact, I'm considering renting one of these for the month of September. I really want to spend time spinning and taking spinning classes, but my Country Craftsman just doesn't travel all that well.

And tonight, I'm going to cast on for this with this in black.

See ya in the funnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.