Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm not knitting . . . . .

'cause I'm sick; really sick.

The creeping crud has been going around and I was hoping that my daily low dose of antibiotics would keep me from getting it. But between people in the office being sick and riding MAX every day with the unwashed masses, it was only a matter of time before I was laid low.

It started with a little tickle in the throat on Sunday night; by Monday, it was a stuffy head; and by Tuesday night, the fight was over.

I went to Urgent Care on Wednesday with a headache, earache, sore throat, and cough. They said I had a viral infection, gave me pseudafed tablets and sent me home for 4 days. I was so sick, that I didn't knit while waiting over an hour to see a doctor.

I went back to Urgent Care on Thursday with all of the above, in spades, plus a low fever and yellow goo coming out of my head. They said I have a bacterial infection, gave me amoxicillan and vicodin, and sent me back home again. This time, not only did I not knit while waiting, I didn't read. I slept sitting up. In a waiting room chair. THAT sick.

What with all the drugs in my system, the only thing I've done for the last 3 (4?) days is sleep, drink water, and pee.

Here's all the knitting I haven't done this week:



Seriously. I have not knit a single stitch since Wednesday of last week.

And here's all the spinning I haven't done this week:



I told you I was sick.

Andy Rooney, on the other hand, is feeling better.


At least, we think he's doing better; it now takes both of us to hold him down for his shots. That's better, right?

2 comments:

  1. Get better soon! We missed you Wednesday. And besides, being sick sucks. Ick.

    I think #1 Son called ToolMan and left a message. I told him that you were really sick so it might be a bit before he heard back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, Bobbie! Sorry to hear that nasty bug hit you so hard. My daughter got pretty sick last week too, hers turned out to be strep. She's doing much better now. Hope you're feeling lots better real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.