Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Further Developments

A few minutes ago I talked to ToolMan, who is loopy on morphine. Here's an update:

  1. He says they fed him dinner; he can't remember what it was but he thinks he ate it.
  2. He says his room is hot (Is there such a thing as a hot ICU room????), so he tried to call the nurses to come change the temperature but there aren't any on duty. (Yeah, right . . .)
  3. He said he'd been calling me for hours and I didn't answer the phone so he left messages (Jeez, who knows who he called or what he said!)
  4. He also says they tied his leg to the bed so he can't get up. (What is it that makes me think this part of the conversation might actually be true?)

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! So glad to hear you caught it in time to avoid bigger problems. I'm sending good healing thoughts to both Toolman and you - Take care, and don't take on too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who knows who he called or what he said!" I laughed out loud! Can you imagine using morphine for recreation? It can bind the bowels, too. Does he like carrot and raisin salad? Lots of fiber in that.

    I had morphine for my hysterectomy. I distinctly remember my doctor and a nurse coming in dressed like astronauts on a space walk, examining me, and drifting out again. And I kept noticing empty plates on my tray about three times a day, but have no memory of eating. They could have been feeding me cat food.

    Best wishes to you and der toolmeister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing that, whatever they fed him, it wasn't a hamburger and milkshake. :-)

    Sending hugs and good thoughts to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he's doing better. I can't imagine how scary that was! (almost, I thought I was having a heart attack when I was having a gall stone attack)

    Maybe on morphine he can pretend the hospital food is a hamburger and shake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loopy toolman sounds a lot like regular toolman hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.