Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just a second

to catch up, that is. 

The Big Burgundy Blob continues apace.  I'd show you a picture, except it looks pretty much like it did last week.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through the 576-stitch section and I'm seriously thinking I won't have enough yarn to finish the whole 106 rows of it.  So, I'm going to keep slogging along for at least one more 6-row eyelet pattern and then bind off.  I'm getting pretty sick of this thing - that's the one disadvantage of being a monogamous knitter - so I think I'm going to do EZ's crochet loop bind off.  Then I can block it in the living room floor like I did the Queen Anne's Lace shawl

I owe you some pictures from last week, so here they are:

First, the yarns from Frog Creek Fibers:

Aren't those luscious?  From left to right:  Cashmere Sock in "Precious Metals".  Yes, cashmere sock yarn; actually it's baby alpaca, silk and cashmere.  Can you say, "Yummy"?  This will become the socks that Mom asked for; I just need to find a pattern that does the colors justice.  The two in the center are super wash wool and bamboo sock yarn in "Cinnamon Toast" on the left and "I can't remember what the label said" on the right.  On the right is their regular super wash and nylon sock yarn in another colorway I can't remember the name of; it's a very dark grey with streaks of silver grey.  Those will eventually be sock for ToolMan, but I might keep the Cinnamon Toast for me.

And that sweater from Goodwill:

 

This looks a little out of focus, but it's really the angora in the sweater.  If this wasn't a medium, I'd be tempted to keep it for wearing.  The label says lambswool, angora, and nylon metallic; it's creamy white with just a single thread of glittery gold thread hidden in the angora halo - very pretty and unbelievably soft.  The yarn looks like it will probably be a light fingering weight so it should make a gorgeous winter shawl after it's unraveled.

I got a new haircut today and I really, really like it!  ToolMan thought it was too short, but I think short looks better than long on me.  I took a nap after having it done, so you'll have to wait for pictures another day. 

ToolMan and I have a secret project going on; we should be able to reveal our big secret by the end of the week.  Stay tuned, sports fans!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to find out about the secret project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frogging angora? You're more patient than I am!

    The sock yarns are yummy. I do love cinnamon toast!

    Secret project? Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.