Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Weekend is gone . . . .

OK, so here's the recap of last weekend. On Friday, I finished Argosy, with very little to spare. See that little ball of fuzz? That's all that was left after binding off.



Then on Saturday, I gave it a good wash and soak and stretched that baby out. It was actually bigger than my blocking board, so the tips had to hang over the edge. I left it on the guest bed, opended the windows, and did a little happy dance through the house while waiting for it to dry.

On Sunday, we went to Sandy, Oregon, to SIL Faye and BIL Jim's house. But the Oregon weather caught up to us; the high was 58 and it drizzled most of the day. (Note to self: only plan an Oregon bbq in July or August. And even then it's not a sure thing.) But, we did have really good eats: spicy meatballs, veggies and dip, olive tapenade and crusty bread, shish kabob, potato salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob, and pineapple upside down cake for dessert.

Other BIL Myron and SIL Joan came over, which was good. I think the last time we saw them was Thanksgiving. We see them so seldom, you'd think they lived on the other side of the planet, instead of West Linn. After dinner, the men moved to the living room to watch golf, the Indy 500, and nap.


Tool Man in the back, BIL Myron on the couch, and the back of BIL Jim's head.

While the women played Muggins:


Left to right: SIL Joan, me holding the newest family member, the back of SIL Faye's head, neice Lisa, and neice Jane.

That darling miniature schnauzer is the newest member of the family. Neice Jane had to put her cats down last winter and decided to get a little dog to travel with her. Meet Bismark, affectionally known as Bis, or Bissy (Busy?):


Why would you guys want to play cards when I'm here ready to play?

Then on Monday, Argosy came off the blocking board. I am VERY pleased with the way it turned out; fuzzy, metallicy, beautiful colors, soft, and very drapey. The mohair wasn't too fuzzy to knit, but it bloomed beautifully after soaking.

One of my interviews for this morning fell through. So, here I am, dressed up with nowhere to go until court this afternoon. Oh, I know! I'll model Argosy!





Thanks to Tool Man for his photography; he's much better at it than I am. Now I'm working on some warshrags from Mason Dixon in funky, bright colors. I need a project that is fast and fun that I don't really have to think about.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice job on your Argosy shawl. Sounds like you need it with the cool weather you're having. I'd love the pics for my gallery--my email: vyvneel@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks for sharing!

    Oh, and I can't believe the tiny bit you had left. I bet you started panicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me try on that beautiful shawl last night at Powells. I can't get over just how lovely it feels.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.