Sunday, August 5, 2007

Looky what I found!

Yesterday was "Celebrate Hillsboro" day, so Tool Man and I took MAX to join the festivities. It's a street festival showcasing local businesses and charities. Last year, they set a Guiness Book record for the number of people wearing balloon hats. This year, it was Groucho Marx glasses.

The Mayor said the standing world record was set at 3,000 people in July by Springfield, Missouri. Well, since that was my old hometown and this is my new hometown, I had to get in on the action.

First stop: pick up our Groucho Marx glasses so we could join the group setting a new world record.



As soon as I put my glasses on, Tool Man took control of the camera. See that empty plaza behind me? It didn't stay that way for long.

Then I found the Farmers Market:



I found some of Washington Counties finest.



Tool Man said I was hard to spot in the crowd since everyone was wearing Grouch Marx glasses, so I found a clown



who made a hat for me.

Then I found this Humvee, but I didn't find any Guardsmen.



I did find some basketball players in the 3-on-3 tournement.



I also found a baby and his momma.



Then I found some ice cream.



And I found the craft booth. Would you look at the temporary tatoo on that kid's arm?



I looked for a job at the Courthouse, but they were closed.



I found a firetruck, but no firemen.



But I did find a sailor.



Then I found these people getting ready to set the world's record for the most people wearing Groucho Marx glasses.



And all these people.



And all these people.



Can you spot me in the crowd?



United Way handed out 3,700 pairs of glasses and a photographer on top the Civic Center took our picture. We have to wait for Guiness Book to verify it, but we think we beat the old number. And Hillsboro is now a town FULL of world record holders.

ADDED LATER: If you're one of the people in these pictures and you'd like to have a copy emailed to you, please leave a comment with your email address and I'll send it to you pronto!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gawd... ::giggling helplessly:: Too. Danged. Perfect! How on earth did you keep the pose so closely every time? The giggling kept getting worse every picture I moved to. And that hat. With the glasses. ::whimpering:: Not to mention the cops...

    Too, too, too funny. One of the best I've seen! You and Tool Man did a terrific job; great comic build-up! Now, can I stop crying from laughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is THAT? Now I want a pair of Groucho Marx glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun day. I would have ran away from the clown though. Clowns make me shiver with fright. I can feel fear radiate all the up to my teeth fillings.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.