Friday, February 16, 2007

More Good News

The estimators from the rescue/restoration service were here on Monday to take pictures and work up what the repairs are going to cost. And the insurance adjuster was here on Wednesday to see how much damage there was. The adjuster called the estimator while he was here, and they seem to be on the same page cost-wise. And the adjuster said this will cost us nothing more than our deductible, which we paid the first day the rescue crew was here.

And thankfully, we have no damage to any contents of the house; no upholstered furniture got wet and no wood furniture was wet long enough to have been damaged. Except for a thin layer of drywall dust covering EVERY DAMN SURFACE IN THE ENTIRE HOUSE, nothing is damaged. Wonder if I can talk the adjuster into a one-time, top-to-bottom housecleaning when the repairs are done?

Additional info for those of you who haven't been keeping up before the blog: our homeowner's association (HOA) had to sue the builder of our townhomes because of some incorrect flashing, siding, etc. So, we have now won the lawsuit and we are now in the process of having outside reconstruction done. We've already got our new roof; and will later this spring have the siding torn off, the windows and doors rehung, and then new siding, trim, gutters and porch railings put on. Basically, we'll have a new house, inside and out, by fall. Problem is, we have to live in for the whole time.

Oh, I added some lists of my favorite stuff at the bottom of the page. And each entry has a place at the bottom where you can leave me comments.

I'll try to get pictures of the damage (and maybe some of the undamaged parts) up on the blog this weekend. Right now, I'm going to put my feet up (my ankles are swollen from the blood pressure medication, but I see the Dr. on Monday), turn on Law & Order, and see if I can finish that baby blanket I'm knitting.

P.S. - We hired a new bookkeeper for the office this week, Debi, and she is FABULOUS! And we have also hired a new associate attorney, who will start on 2/26. At least things are looking better on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, Blogger will not let me track back to you, so if you would like an answer, please include your email address at the bottom of your comment.